It doesn't work with the variable either. Quoting Maxwell Smart <c...@yother.com>:

That's exactly where I am having problems and that's the only way I can get it to work. If I have the welcome.conf enabled it goes to the apache welcome page instead of redirecting and the log file says failed, reason: SSL connection required. If I disable the welcome.conf and include the Error 403 line it works. I was just testing it with the variable when I received this e mail.Quoting Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net>:

Maxwell Smart wrote:
It appears as though you have a default configuration. Replace this in your squirrelmail.conf file.

<Directory /usr/share/squirrelmail>
 Options None
 Order allow,deny
 allow from all
</Directory>

with this

<Directory "/usr/share/squirrelmail">
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
RewriteRule ^(.*/webmail*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}$1 [L,R]
allow from all
SSLRequireSSL
ErrorDocument 403 "https://your.server.com/webmail/";
</Directory>

You will need to change the your.server.com to your server name.

CJ

You shouldn't need the ErrorDocument line.

In addision, if you were to use that hack, it'd be better to use the %{SERVER_NAME} variable instead of hard coding your domain name.

Cecil Yother, Jr. "cj"
cj's
2318 Clement Ave
Alameda, CA  94501