Hm... the wiki says it counts bytes as stored on the disk - so I guess that is in encoded format and thus I'd have to use 30M in my example...
Can anyone confirm?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Martin Waschbuesch
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:24 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Re: Maximim message size

One question I always had about it is this: does it set the limit for the
actual mail as it is being transmitted (e.g. with base64 encoded attachment)
or for the decoded mail+message parts?
Because a typical scenario is that a client asks to be able to send 20M
attachments. due to encoding, do I have to set databytes to (roughly) 1.5 x
20M = 30M or to 20M?

Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Jake Vickers