On 12/02/2010 08:07 AM, Jake Vickers wrote:
On 12/01/2010 11:52 AM, Emmanuel Buamah wrote:

So how did you do the pushing. Any extra config needed on the
qmailtoaster server?

No, no extra config. I have my email address (we'll say
j...@qmailtoaster.com) and then a Blackberry email address (say
qmt...@vzw.blackberry.com).
In my account for my email on the QMT, I just told it to forward a copy
of all my emails to qmt...@vzw.blackberry.com and save a local copy (you
can do this in Qmailadmin).
Done. Now when someone sends me a message to j...@qmailtoaster.com, it
delivers it to my account and then forwards a copy to my Blackberry
email address.

If you want to maintain 2 addresses, that's fine.

If you'd rather simply have your Blackberry access your qmailtoaster address (IMAP) directly, that's trivial to set up. You configure BB with your address and password, and it configures everything else automatically (even TLS and port settings). It's really pretty slick. No forwarding or anything else is required on the QMT host. This works with other IMAP capable devices as well, although the setup varies a bit.