On 01/13/2011 11:07 AM, Cecil Yother, Jr. wrote:
I tried the whitelist_from_rcvd and when running Spamassassin -D --lint
it complained.  Here is what I wound up with that didn't complain.

C'mon CJ. Saying "it complained" isn't useful at all.

# email whitelisting
# whitelist_from nots...@example.com

whitelist_from notfys...@usairwaysmastercard.com

# domain whitelisting
# whitelist_from example.com

whitelist_from *@ebay.com

Thanks,

CJ

You're welcome. Just realize that the whitelist_from parameter is *not* recommended, and for good reason (it's easily spoofed). A better solution is to identify the rules that are causing erroneously high scores, and adjust the scores of those rules appropriately.

Also, use sa-learn to learn what is ham (not spam). You'll probably need to adjust bayes scores for this to be effective. This is what I'm presently using (part of local.cf):

# adjusting these scores gives bayes more weight
# commented values are the defaults
# score BAYES_00 0 0 -2.312 -2.599
# score BAYES_05 0 0 -1.110 -1.110
# score BAYES_20 0 0 -0.740 -0.740