On 03/11/2011 10:59 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
  Hello list,

When I have 'prefix =' rather than 'prefix = INBOX.' set in the 'private
namespace' my folders, which were previously subfolders of 'INBOX.,' do
not show up in squirrelmail. Does anyone know the solution to this issue.

Eric

I believe you'll need to (re)subscribe to them. I'm not sure if SM can do that automatically or not. TB appears to.

Also double check that you have:
$default_folder_prefix    = '';
in your /etc/squirrelmail/config_local.php file.

There are other SM configuration parameters that you should use with dovecot as well. Here what I'm using:

[root@tacs-web squirrelmail]# cat config_local.php
<?php
####################
# Local configuration for Qmail Toaster
# configure to suit your requirements

# these are in toaster config,
#     changed/removed for stock dovecot (w/out courier compat config)
# $imap_server_type = 'courier';
# $optional_delimiter = '.';
# $default_folder_prefix = 'INBOX.';
# $delete_folder = true;
# $show_contain_subfolders_option = false;

# these should be added to the toaster config (imho)
$org_name        = "QmailToaster";
# $org_logo        = SM_PATH . 'images/sm_logo.png';
# $org_logo_width  = '308';
# $org_logo_height = '111';
# $org_title       = "SquirrelMail $version";
$provider_uri       = 'http://www.qmailtoaster.org/';
$provider_name      = 'QmailToaster';

# these were added so SM authenticates,
# and 127. can be removed from tcp.smtp file.
$smtpServerAddress  = 'localhost';
$smtpPort           = 587;
$smtp_auth_mech     = 'login';

# these were added/changed for dovecot imap
$imapServerAddress      = 'localhost';
$imap_server_type       = 'dovecot';
$default_folder_prefix  = '';
# squirrelmail doesn't support starttls until v5,
# so we'll use cram-md5 until then
#$use_imap_tls          = true;
$imap_auth_mech         = 'cram-md5';

# these are what's left from stock QMT configuration
$useSendmail              = false;
$optional_delimiter       = 'detect';
$show_prefix_option       = false;
$force_username_lowercase = true;