Eric on this issue of timeout from spamdyke that I see in the smtp logs
could it be something in the caching dns causing the problem?

This is what I'm finding out so far. If I send the person an email and they
reply back I'll get the message. If the person sends an email by typing in
my address I get the message. And if they send an attachment by typing in
my address I get the message. But now this morning the person sent me a
message as a test without my sending any contact email.
And now this morning in the smtp log I see:

2011-05-03 09:00:21.177476500 spamdyke[25373]: TIMEOUT from:
lcgrap...@iowatelecom.net to: rje...@iowaconnect.com origin_ip:
162.39.147.111 origin_rdns: pacm
mta52.windstream.net auth: (unknown) encryption: (none) reason: TIMEOUT

I am at a lose as to what to look at or for.
Will increasing the log level to verbose, debug or excessive be the next
level to try for an answer to this?