On 06/25/2011 07:10 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 06/24/2011 09:48 PM, Bharath Chari wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone used Dovecot allow_nets to restrict login by IP/subnet in
conjunction with QMT? Does qmail send IP information to Dovecot?

Bharath

I have not used this setting. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with QMT.

I can say that dovecot operates pretty much independently of qmail. They could be run on separate hosts for the most part. The 'glue' that holds them together is vpopmail which is used for authentication, and also the data store (Maildirs). Other than that, dovecot doesn't really know anything about what else goes on.

Thanks Eric,

I meant vpopmail, sorry :). Was hoping someone else had already experimented. I'll take a look and report back.

Bharath