hi all
i am attaching my jail.conf  and pop.conf for qmail pop3 (this is
working for me)
may be you can edit it to your needs

[root@mail ~]# cat /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf

[pop3]
enabled  = true
filter   = pop3
action   = iptables[name=pop3, port=110, protocol=tcp]
logpath  = /var/log/maillog
maxretry = 3
bantime  = 86400
findtime = 3600
ignoreip = 127.0.0.1 (you can put any other ip you want hear)
backend = auto

root@mail ~]# cat /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/pop3.conf

[Definition]
#Looks for failed password logins to SMTP
failregex = vchkpw-pop3: password fail ([^)]*) [^@]*@[^:]*:<HOST>
ignoreregex =

regards
NIshant Amin

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:08 AM, James Beam <james.b...@pinnacle1.com> wrote:
> They mean share your jail config for pop3 to get it working with Qmail - I
> have been curious of that myself…
>

> I use Fail2Ban on all my linux boxes - just never got it to work with qmail
> pop3 or pop3ssl…
>

> Imap would be nice too!

>>> 2655-242 Ericeira