From: akisa...@ucu.ac.ug [mailto:akisa...@ucu.ac.ug]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:14 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Email Duplicates

Greetings List,
I have been experiencing email dupes for sometime now. On checking the
archives I found some post saying it could be low memory that is causing
this, at the time I was running at 1GB RAM, So I stepped to 3GB but
dupes where still coming. I then upgraded my toaster hoping it would
cure the problem but alas nothing. Today I decided to go under the hood
and see what is happening.. Not so long I discovered the dupes had a
slight change in the headers section like seen below

-first email to come

-Second email to come

There seemed to be something else sending the second email so anyway I
looked further and compared the .qmail file for two users one that was
receiving duplicate and one not receiving them and this is what I found
-Account not receiving duplicates [root@abram alex]# more
../akisakye/.qmail
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter:
maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter

-Account receiving duplicates
[root@abram alex]# more .qmail
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter:
maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter
/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/alex/Maildir/

There was a second line in that file
/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/alex/Maildir/ am not sure how it got
there but as soon as I removed it, the duplicates stopped immediately. I
am currently writing a script to help me do this edit for about 600
users I have on this system.

Forgive me for the long post

Alex

    Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
     For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com