On 10/7/2011 8:43 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
This seems reasonable, and from what I've heard I'd expect it would work ok. If you'd like to piecemeal something together, there's nothing stopping you. The current stable QMT v1.3 is frozen though, due largely to resource constraints. Plus, I think it'd be better to release COS6 compatibility for everything all at once, to make for less confusion (and distractions).

Who knows? Jake may just surprise us one day with upgrades for COS6. Better yet, someone may just do the work their self and give Jake the srpm packages for posting on the site. I don't know of anything standing in the way of this.

I've installed QT on a CentOS 6 i686 machine. I couldn't try it on a CentOS 6 x86_64 machine as the 64-bit version errors out during the install. I installed the QTP source rpm's and edited the spec files (located in the build directory tree in '/root/rpmbuild') to include the build options for cnt60 and cnt6064 which settings are copies of the cnt50/cnt5064 build options respectively. I dealt with other simple minor issues which you will have with the spec files while installing QT. In one file I had to change the deprecated 'BuildPreReq' with the 'Required' option (I hope that was correct). You will have to uninstall Postfix (just change the sendmail uninstall in the dependency script) and manually uninstall the postfix user and group as their uid and gid are 89, the same as the vpopmail user. When postfix uninstalls you'll have to reinstall mrtg. There are a few services that the wiki page indicates are required for QT that are not present in CentOS 6 but are in CentOS 5. The install seems to be working well.

It was easy to see how vqadmin was affected by php-5.3.2 but I didn't see any problems with squirrelmail. Maybe I just can't see. Any comments on the issues I should see with squirrelmail and php?

Eric