On 01/30/2012 02:42 PM, Qmt List wrote:
My customers are getting Remote host said: 500 Line too long error
message in bounce messages back to them from my server. Is there a way
to raise the max line length?

I do have a Watchguard firewall that is running a SMTP-proxy but the
line length is set to 1000.

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks,

Javid

I haven't seen that error coming from QMT before.

Perhaps this might help:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/qmail/users/22543

In any case, I suspect that the rejection is not being issued by your QMT. As in the referenced link, if you can provide other details from the bounce we might be of more assistance.