Here goes. It's a manual process for each domain, but it seems to work :)

Note : A separate log table and trigger has to be created for each domain. This example is for a domain called example.com

Please execute the following commands on the vpopmail database from the MySQL command prompt. Do not use phpmyadmin.

1) mysql -uroot -p vpopmail
Enter your mysql root password here.

2) Create a log table for the domain example.com (I am going to use the table name log_example_com). Replace with your actual domain name

CREATE TABLE `log_example_com` (
  `user_id` varchar(255) character set latin1 NOT NULL,
  `creation_date` datetime NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)

3) Create a trigger - the trigger name I have used is example_com_trigger and the corresponding table for the domain example.com is example_com

mysql> delimiter $$
mysql> CREATE TRIGGER example_com_trigger
    -> AFTER insert on example_com
    -> FOR EACH ROW
    -> BEGIN
    -> insert into log_example_com values(new.pw_name,NOW());
    -> END$$

mysql> delimiter ;
(Resetting the delimiter is critical)

4) Exit the mysql shell. On creating a new ID in the domain example.com, you should get the ID and creation date/time in the table log_example_com.

Pak : Since you are the resident wikifying expert, can you please add it to the wiki :)

Bharath