I will start doing trial runs with Q-control.
 I thought i had to purchase q-control to use the full version?

Dave

On 5/8/2012 9:54 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 05/08/2012 05:32 AM, David Milholen wrote:
Hello all,
I have recently installed a new QMT5-1.2 iso and works great.
I am trying to do a restore from the old machine that has the qmt
centos4-1.4
Every thing goes well except a one thing that has to be done.
#1 Ensure that you can access mysql on the new machine. If not:
remove the anonymous accounts and reset the root password.

Once I started the qtp-restore all went well but when using vqadmin to
view a domain.
It only showed a blank screen. I did like some older post had talked
about changing the
'cur usr' field in dir-contrl to 0 and then I got an internal server error.
I could navigate to view users for that domain and view all users but
could not view any domains.
If I do a ./vdominfo I get a segmentation fault.

If I create a new domain using vqadmin it doesnt place the domain in the
tables of the mysql database.
not sure if this get done after creating more users or vqadmin id
defaulting to using cdb.

Thinking of trying to do a fresh QMT5.1.2 install and just create the
domains using the vqadmin and
do a scp command to move the /home/vpopmail/domains dir and a mysql-dump
to restore the users.

Any ideas on this or what I could to make this a smoother transition.
Thanks
Dave

That's simple. Don't use vqadmin. ;)

(See previous post)