        RewriteEngine on
        Options +FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
        RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
        RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
</Directory>
#-----------------------------------<snip>-------------------------------------------------

Now, (separate from this), I need to figure out how to (easily) have all the virtual domains display the proper domain (instead of the document root) if someone types https://domain. Something to do with the vhost config in ssl.conf I presume. Another night.

South Computers wrote:
Thanks Sebastian. Not sure what you mean by location based (?)

Sebastian Grewe wrote:
Do a location based redirect? Shouldn't that also work outside a vhost configuration and hence be valid for everything?

Cheers,
Sebastian