On 03/10/2013 07:30 AM, Eric Broch wrote:
On 3/10/2013 1:46 AM, Am Am wrote:
Hi,

We are using an old customized qmail but receiving too many spam
messages recently, I hope to find a way to use a Mail Filter Layer
with qmailtoaster with spamdyke and other spam filtering services.

Thnaks
Point all incoming mail from your firewall to the new qmail filter layer
server and add the proper setting in it's /var/qmail/control/smtproutes
file. Something like:

mydomain.com:X.X.X.X where X.X.X.X is the ip of your customized qmail server

Make sure your rcpthosts file doesn't have mydomain.com in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you *do* want mydomain.com in the rcpthosts file for both servers. If you didn't have mydomain.com in your filtering server, the only way it could receive email is from authenticated connections. No?

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Smtproutes

Am, while a separate filtering host is possible, I wouldn't go that route. A somewhat unusual aspect of spamdyke is that it will actually *reduce* the load on your qmail host, so adding more processing capacity would be a waste. Spamdyke integrates rather seamlessly with qmail, and should easily work with any ol' version/configuration of qmail.

You could even give the qtp-install-spamdyke script a try. (Note, many other tools in the qmailtoaster-plus package will work with non-QMT hosts as well). The only thing you'll likely need to adjust a bit is the run file for qmail-smtpd, presuming your qmail configuration uses supervise and ucspi-tcp which most do. Even if you use xinetd though, spamdyke can be used directly on your qmail host.

If you have a run file, you can post it here and we'll help you get it fitted for spamdyke.