You can turn off clamav scanning in /var/qmail/control/simcontrol
Remember to "service qmail cdb" afterwards (iirc).

On 08/21/2013 01:19 PM, Dan McAllister wrote:
Eric,

I have forced freshclam to reload, but it still has the same effect.

I am afraid I've never played with the clamav or simscan much in the
past... how/where would I go to temporarily turn off clamav scanning?

Dan