Hey List,

Just as a heads up, I have mailed a while ago that I was working on a Chef
Cookbook for qmailtoaster. Since I have recently moved to a new root server,
here the good news: It worked ;)

If others are curious, this is what I did:

* Deploy all cookbooks and dependencies on my Hosted Chef account
* Bootstrap the target node into my Chef Account
* Apply a qmailtoaster role to the node that includes my cookbook
* Run chef-client on the Node and wait for qmailtoaster to be installed
including spamdyke
* Sync data from the old server:
 * Database Dump and User Information for vpopmail
 * /home/vpopmail/domains folder
 * /home/qmail/control folder with changes to hostnames
 * /home/qmail/users folder to fetch qmail user CDB file

And that was all. That move was painless and without issues, actually one of
the best ones I had so far.

Here some restrictions though:

* I am not using any of the fronteds supplied in qmailtoaster (squirrel mail,
qmailadmin etc)
 * The Chef way to install the frontend is prepared but not ready to use
* CentOS 6.4

@Eric: If you are curious, I have pushed my Chef files to Github so you (and
others) can take a look: https://github.com/TheSerapher/chef-repo This does not
include the cookbooks I am using but the qmailtoaster cookbook can be found
here: https://github.com/TheSerapher/chef-qmailtoaster

Someday qmailtoaster will be in for some changes again, maybe we should
consider wrapping it around a Chef way to install it instead of dealing with
configuration changes, file adjustments and all that via RPM packages. This
could even be accomplished without a Chef Server by using Chef Solo as
described in my blog which I posted a while ago too. Just a few ideas, I love
qmailtoaster and I will be happy with anything the list comes up with.