What's the current thinking on qmail-dk?

I've been debugging a case where some emails that I was expecting didn't
arrive, and I eventually traced it to:

        @40000000533200332362fb9c qmail-smtpd: qq hard reject (qmail-dk: Cannot
sign message due to invalid message syntax. (#5.3.0)):
MAILFROM:<myredirector....@s2.mydomain.com> RCPTTO:an...@mydomain.com
@400000005332003323630754 spamdyke[13764]: DENIED_OTHER from:
myredirector....@s2.mydomain.com to: an...@mydomain.com origin_ip: 127.0.0.1
origin_rdns: localhost.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa auth: (unknown) encryption: (none)
reason:
554_qmail-dk:_Cannot_sign_message_due_to_invalid_message_syntax._(#5.3.0)

(for reference, the domain that I have named 'myredirector.com' is a local
domain that I use to implement a tagged email system; it accepts emails,
processes them and reinjects for delivery to my main domain).

Checking with:

        grep "qq hard reject" * | grep qmail-dk | tai64nlocal | more

reveals that issues with qmail-dk have resulted in quite a lot of
non-deliveries over time.

        http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.qmail.toaster/35191

it seems that Eric's advice was to disable it.

I've done that now, but I just wanted to check if there were any implications
of disabling qmail-dk that I should be aware of. Any advice?

Thanks,

Angus