Hello Eric,

> On 04/11/2014 01:02 PM, Diana Calder wrote:
>>   The
>> Barracuda email firewall also forwards to port 25 - which ironically
>> continued working fine despite getting absolutely hammered with checks
>> for nonexistent accounts for a couple of hours earlier today.

> On a side note, I expect that spamdyke isn't doing you much good since
> you have an email firewall in front of it. I'd wager that you could
> remove the Barracuda firewall and do just as well with spamdyke on the
> perimeter. You've probably got bigger fish to fry right now though.

Frankly, we'd probably be further ahead turning off spamdyke - the
Barracuda is much easier to admin. A non-techie staff person monitors
it and releases from quarantine any legitimate email that gets caught,
whether for attachments or false positives. Spamdyke isn't nearly as
slick to manage. Having said that, yes, I still have bigger fish to
fry - and the squirrelmail issues are the least of my problems at the
moment. I think we're on our second set of bad things happening in
threes at the moment...

--
Best regards,
 Diana Calder                         mailto:dcal...@essexcountylibrary.ca