On 10/19/2014 12:23 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:

If you don't use the spambox option or otherwise use maildrop, you might be
able to simply remove maildrop-toaster. There might be some dependency with
qmail-admin though, I'm not sure.

I do use maildrop, so removing it is not an option...

What is the reason for dovecot to remove libcourierauth as the earlier
version does not require that?

Can I edit the spec file and remove that requirement?

Regards,
Peter

maildrop-toaster shouldn't need libcourierauth. The maildrop (repackaged for the new QMT) doesn't need it. Yum is trying to remove courier-authlib-toaster because dovecot obsoletes courier-authlib-toaster. Technically I suppose it doesn't, but it obsoletes courier-imap-toaster, and so there's no longer a need for courier-authlib-toaster, except apparently for the errant maildrop-toaster.

You should be able to install the dovecot package and tell it to ignore dependencies. That should be safe.

Better yet, so long as you're using dovecot's pop3 instead of qmail-pop3d, you should be able to remove courier-authlib-toaster. If it complains, I'd try removing it ignoring dependencies. If this breaks maildrop-toaster for some reason (it shouldn't), then remove maildrop-toaster and install maildrop from the new repo.

Let us know what you end up doing, Peter.

Thanks.