For me , that command works.
I also modified IMAPDSSLSTART=NO and IMAP_TLS_REQUIRED=1

On 22/10/14 18:21, Quinn Comendant wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:52:12 +0300, Catalin Leanca wrote:
I managed to disable SSLv3 in /etc/courier/imapd-ssl and
/etc/courier/pop3-ssl
Changed TLS_PROTOCOL=SSLv3 to TLS_PROTOCOL=TLS1
Catalin (and others): have you succeeded in disabling SSLv3 in courier? When I
try this configuration, I am unable to connect even with a TLS-compatible
client, not even the openssl itself:

        openssl s_client -state -nbio -connect mail.example.com:993

I get this output:

     CONNECTED(00000003)
     turning on non blocking io
     SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
     SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
     SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
     write R BLOCK
     SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
     read:errno=54

According to the openssl documentation, this error usually results from the
connection not being able to auto-negotiate a suitable ssl version to use. So,
I force a TLS connection using -tls1:

        openssl s_client -state -nbio -connect oak2.strangecode.com:993 -tls1

And then I get a successful connection with the openssl client. The problem is
the real IMAP client I use (Gyazmail) doesn't connect (thought it does support
TLS). Perhaps it is trying SSLv3 first, and fails to negotiate to TLS?

I read also some Courier versions have this problem, some not [1]. I'd
appreciate if you could run the above openssl command (without -tls1) and let
me know if it connects for you or not.

BTW, if you want to test that your server refuses SSLv3 connections, run the
openssl client with '-ssl3'.

Quinn

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/courier/mailman/message/17185523/

CS Catalin LEANCA