From:  Eric Broch <ebr...@whitehorsetc.com>
Date:  Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM
To:  <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Subject:  Re: [qmailtoaster] STARTTLS on CENT-6.9

Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure if you're a coder, but here's the section of code in
qmail-smtpd.c that sends STARTTLS upon meeting certain criteria.

<code>

#ifdef TLS
   if (!ssl && (stat("control/servercert.pem",&st) == 0))
     out("\r\n250-STARTTLS");
 #endif

</code>

Looks like you need 1) TLS defined, 2) ssl variable not 0, and 3) a
certificate.

TLS should be compiled into qmail

The first thing I'd check is the presence of a certificate
/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem. If it exists we can start checking the
ssl variable.

Eric

--
Eric Broch