I have to admit that I don't know how to handle it other than in Outlook. I'm fairly sure that it cannot, and should not, be handled on the server side. It's to bad that everybody has to make up for deficiencies in Microsoft crap.

On 8/9/2017 9:27 PM, Rajesh M wrote:
eric

outlook 2007, 2010 in general.

This happens randomly. Lots of such cases when i google "outlook adds single quotes
to email address"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_windows8/how-do-i-stop-outlook-from-adding-single-quotation/ad0969ac-22bb-4259-8c2f-7730188d5d80?auth=1

https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23681

is it possible to trim < > and quotes from both ends

rajesh

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Broch [mailto:ebr...@whitehorsetc.com]
To: 24x7ser...@24x7server.net
Sent: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 21:08:20 -0600

Which version of Outlook?

On 8/9/2017 8:45 PM, Rajesh M wrote:
eric

i have a specific scenario which is relevant only when outlook is used

outlook, in some rare cases, adds quotes and arrow brackets to the beginning
and end of email ids while saving to the local address book .

Please see example below. When the sender sends an email to accou...@abc.net,
there is a single quote at the end which is also considered as a part of the
email id by qmail and hence is rejected

<'accou...@abc.net'>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named abc.net'. (#5.1.2)

how do i resolve this, ie qmail should trim arrow brackets and single quotes
from both ends.

thanks
rajesh