For about a 15 minutes period users couldn't receive emails - emails were bouncing back saying the users did not exist. We traced the problem to the dovecot log where we saw this:

Sep 15 12:16:23 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: sql error[3]: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist Sep 15 12:16:23 auth-worker: Error: Attempting to rebuild connection to SQL server Sep 15 12:16:23 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: connection rebuild failed: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist

Shortly thereafter dovecot was able to connect and emails began being received normally again.

Any thoughts on how to prevent this in the future? Should we raise the number of mysql connections - we're using the default.

Regards, Jeff Koch