Hi Rajesh (and others),

I just implemented ramdisk for simscan on my business server. Haven't put the entry in the /etc/fstab file yet but did it on the command line for testing. Here's my procedure:

1) # qmailctl stop

2) # mount -t tmpfs -o size=1024m,nodev,noexec,noatime,uid=46,gid=0,mode=0750 myramdisk /var/qmail/simscan

3) # qmailctl start

4) # [root@~]# df -h /var/qmail/simscan
        Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
        myramdisk       1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /var/qmail/simscan

Of course you may set 'size=' to an amount appropriate for you. I did find write performance quit a bit better in my testing and read performance better but not by a whole lot.

Eric