While tracing a message today, I noticed something weird.  A strange
distribution of message numbers.  running this command:

grep 'end msg' /var/log/qmail/send/current  | awk '{print $4}' | sort |
uniq -c | sort -n

I got this result, which indicates that I'm not getting an even
distribution of msg numbers.   I know this isn't a case of some messages
getting stuck in the queue and having repeated delivery attempts, because I
checked for that.  Anyone else notice this before?

      1 1169605
      1 485974
      1 485993
      1 485994
      1 518835
      1 598620
      1 598621
      1 598622
      1 598623
      1 871911
      2 871910
      3 522872
      3 598618
      3 598619
      4 598617
      5 518834
      5 598612
      5 598615
      6 485973
      7 485972
      7 485991
      7 598614
      8 485971
     10 485970
     11 598608
     12 485990
     12 598611
     13 485968
     13 598600
     14 518833
     14 598613
     15 485989
     16 598606
     16 598610
     17 403440
     17 485969
     17 485988
     21 598609
     33 518832
     41 485987
     47 485965
     51 485975
     53 485983
     54 485967
     55 485986
     59 485977
     60 485966
     61 485985
     87 598607
    107 522877
    163 160176
    168 485978
    171 485976
    188 485984
    240 485981
    255 485979
    268 598599
    280 485982
    290 526373
    406 485980
    559 536520
    627 485963
    770 160177
   1356 485964

Reply via email to