I'm running a fairly ancient qmail (netqmail-1.0.5, according to the manual) on CentOS 5, and I'm starting to get bitten with increasing frequency by the 'CNAME lookup failed temporarily' bug.

I urgently need to build a new host with an up-to-date OS and the latest version of qmail and move everything over, but I don't have the time to do that right now. I'm very hesitant to screw with this particular configuration (which is a mess) in case I bring everything crashing down around my ears.

So the question is, is there any easy (temporary) fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Angus