I'd remove DIGEST-MD5 from 'auth_mechanisms'.

On 8/13/2018 3:01 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
I have a user with Outlook 2016 having this error appearing in the
Dovecot logs and not being able to login when it occurs

The strange thing is that if I restart dovecot then the Outlook can
login and no error:

method=DIGEST-MD5, rip=xxx, lip=yyy, mpid=23280, TLS

What I have for auth mechanisms in toaster.conf is:

auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5

I thought it was a dovecot cache issue and I changed

   cache_key=%u

   cache_key=%u%r

but the problem reappeared after a week.

This is an old QMT installation on COS5.

Best,
Peter

Eric Broch
White Horse Technical Consulting (WHTC)