I looked through the qt-backup and qt-restore scripts on github.

They seem intended for backup and restore to the same model toaster
where EVERYTHING is essentially identical. That seems less applicable
when upgrading by two centos versions which is accompanied by newer
versions of the adjunct software packages (i.e. spamassassin,
squirrelmail, etc).

In my case, I just want to transfer the mail and the login credentials.
I'm fine with squirrelmail, spamassassin, etc. reverting to installation
defaults. Also, I've mostly configured the stuff in qmail/control; the
only thing I need to transfer there is the dkim stuff, which should not
be very labor intensive to do manually.

Eric,

Does this seem like a reasonable plan to transfer the mail and the login
credentials:

1. use a subset of the qt-backup and qt-restore code for backing up and
restoring JUST the MYSQL data (i.e. the vpopmail database). I would just
cut and paste the segment of code into two very small new scripts.

2. rsync /home/vpopmail/domains

Would there be anything else necessary to move the accounts to the new
server?

-Andy