So some interesting thing!!

The second server I tried to run the .1 update and it went but I could not get
stuff back on running. Luck me I had a .tg of the bin for qmail and what I did
I downgraded, then restore the .gz and was able to get it back alive.. One of
the major issues was I could not send mail out (apple mail) round cube etc..
would not send. Once restored, I checked and all was good.. So giving it a
second chance.. I rerun the yum command with the .1 and restarted the services
and now it’s all working and downloaded the qmail-remote and since I had dkim
working it’s all good again. I also added the DMARC DNS entry and here is the
output

> On Aug 16, 2018, at 17:01, Andrew Swartz <awswa...@acsalaska.net> wrote:
>
> Eric,
>
> That's interesting.  Those tcprules are that which was present after the
> upgrade.  I do not know if it changed them or left them default from
> qt-install.  I only copied tcp.smtp to tcp.smtps and changed the ciphers
> at the end of the line.  I definitely did not add domain keys to it.
>
> Also, there is still a control/domainkeys directory.  It is empty.  It
> must have been created by qt-install because I did not create it.  I do
> plan on adding dkim, but I've not gotten to it yet.
>
> -Andy
>

> On 8/16/2018 3:49 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
>> Andy,
>>
>> I noticed your tcprules include domain keys, be aware that if you
>> upgrade to qmail-1.03-3.1 domainkeys have been removed.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On 8/16/2018 5:25 PM, Andrew Swartz wrote:
>>> Eric,
>>>
>>> Your request prompted me to look more closely at these files.
>>>
>>> I believe that installing qmail-1.03-3.qt.el7.x86_64.rpm overwrote my
>>> /var/qmail/supervise/smtps/run with a new one which is missing the
>>> 'export REQUIRE_AUTH=1' line.  The new one does correctly have 'export
>>> SMTPS=1'.  The new supervise/smtps/log/run names the log file
>>> "smtp-ssl", whereas I have named it "smtps".  I would argue it should be
>>> the latter for consistency, but it is clearly noncritical.
>>>

>>> Here is my /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp:
>>>
>>> :allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",NOP0FCHECK="1",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig",DKVERIFY="DEGIJKfh",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"
>>>

>>> Here is my /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtps:
>>>
>>> :allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",NOP0FCHECK="1",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig",DKVERIFY="DEGIJKfh",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",TLSCIPHERS="TLSv1.2:!eNULL:!aNULL"
>>>

>>> They are identical except that the smtp one does not have a TLSCIPHERS
>>> setting.  This is for two reasons:
>>> 1.  per my read of the TLS patch, if not present, it defaults to using
>>> qmail/control/tlsserverciphers. This would make qmail-smtpd and
>>> qmail-remote use the same ciphers (because tlsclientciphers is just a
>>> link to tlsserverciphers).  Since both of those are doing relay, that
>>> would seem appropriate for most setups.  Except...
>>> 2. Spamdyke does the STARTTLS for incoming (relay) mail. Therefore
>>> specifying a cipher for port 25 is useless.
>>>
>>> If I were to continue to have port 587/STARTTLS in addition to 465/TLS,
>>> then I would have the supervise/submission/run script specify
>>> tcp.smtps.cdb so that the cipher rules are the same for these two ports
>>> because they are both handling submission and both not going through
>>> spamdyke.
>>>

>>> Here is my /var/qmail/supervise/smtps/run:
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>> QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
>>> NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
>>> MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
>>> SMTPD="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd"
>>> TCP_CDB="/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtps.cdb"
>>> HOSTNAME=`hostname`