Eric,

On Centos7 QMT:

I just created a new user account and set the password to '0123456789'.
Then I used your SQL command to set pw_clear_passwd to null.
Then I viewed the table to confirm it was empty (it was).
Then I tried to log in to Squirrelmail using password '0123456789':
Login failed.
Then I used your SQL command to reset pw_clear_passwd back to '0123456789'.
Then I tried to log in to Squirrelmail using password '0123456789':
success.

This seems different from your experience.

This sucks because it seems to mean no easy fix for this problem.

-Andy