I would add a user or look at the user info for your vpopmail in the
/home/vpopmail/etc you should have a file with the vpopmail.mysql info which
contains the password and the user.. You can always add a user to your vpopmail
like this

mysql to your sql server and using diff options or you can just grant all the
privilege example: grant all privileges on vpopmail.* to user@localhost
identified by “mynewpasswordisgreat”;

That should grant that and you can use that in roundcube I use vpopmail on mine
and did not add a new one. I notice there is an issue with using php 7x

Remo