The password is not encrypted (Normal) but is sent over an encrypted connection, it's safe.

On 1/24/2019 5:39 PM, Philip Nix Guru wrote:
Hello

I was testing the dev version (an upgrade over the stable version) and came through that annoying problem

if I have to advise all users to change their config :

Sending of the message failed.
The Outgoing server (SMTP) xxxxxx does not seem to support encrypted passwords. If you just set up the account, try changing the 'Authentication method' in 'Account settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)' to 'Normal password'.

All the users having a starttls config in their mail client had to change from encrypted to normal

which of course brought the question "oh it is not safe anymore ..."

Regards

-Philip

Eric Broch
White Horse Technical Consulting (WHTC)