My own notes are a mess, and I did this a long time ago, on a CentOS 5 server, so I'm not sure how much I can help you.

However, there's actually a page at:

   http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Mailman

that describes how to do it, and I think I followed the instructions there.

That page describes an install on CentOS 6; I don't know if the mailman package has been updated for CentOS 7, or whether any of this is still relevant.

From my notes, it looks as if the basic installation was done with:

        yum --enablerepo=qtp-CentOS install mailman

Following that, I did:

        vi /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py

and added the line:

        add_virtualhost('lists.myhost.com','lists.myhost.com')

where 'lists.myhost.com' was a subdomain I set up for this purpose. This will set up a virtual host under mailman's control for your web UI. Obviously, replace 'lists.myhost.com' with whatever domain you want to use.

Next, I did:

        /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases

and then copied the output from that to the end of the '/etc/aliases' file.

I also added a Vpopmail domain with:

  /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain lists.myhost.com MyPostmasterPass

and ran the command:

  /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms -f

to check that all permissions were set up properly.

Then I did:

  cp /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.*/contrib/qmail-to-mailman.py \
  /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/.

(copying the 'qmail-to-mailman.py' script included with the distribution into the appropriate place in the installed mailman) and then edited the script with:

  vi /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/qmail-to-mailman.py

to ensure the following two variables were defined as below:

  MailmanHome = "/usr/lib/mailman"
  MailmanVar = "/var/lib/mailman"

One last thing: the Apache vhost configuration file for this subdomain looked like:

        <VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName lists.myhost.com
        #ServerAlias lists.myhost.com

        DocumentRoot /home/www/mylists/www/

        ErrorLog /home/www/mylists/logs/error-log
        LogLevel error
        LogFormat "combined"
        CustomLog /home/www/mylists/logs/access-log "combined"

        ServerAdmin webmas...@nomadcode.com

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

        ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/Error404.php
        ErrorDocument 403 /errordocs/Error403.html

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/www/mylists/www/cgi-bin/"
        ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"

        Alias   /pipermail/     /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

        <Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin>
                        AllowOverride None
                        Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
                        Order allow,deny
                        Allow from all
        </Directory>

        <Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/">
                        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                        AllowOverride None
                        Order Deny,Allow
                        Allow from all
        </Directory>

        <Directory "/home/www/mylists/www/">
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

(obviously, replace 'myhost.com' with whatever domain you're using, and '/home/www/mylists/www' by an appropriate path to your host's document tree).

I think that should get you most of the way there. I'm sorry not to be able to give you more exact instructions, but, as I say, I did this a very long time ago and I didn't take the time to document what I did properly. Sorry.

Angus