Carl,

how do you incorporate this in qmail?

On 3/2/2019 12:04 PM, CarlC Internet Services Service Desk wrote:
Jeff [and Eric],

Look at SSH port forwarding... I've done this before and it works great...  You
could do what Eric suggested, start on a different port, then on another server
at a more reasonable host provider, forward that port 25 to your AWS instance
via SSH.

https://www.ssh.com/ssh/tunneling/example

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Broch [mailto:ebr...@whitehorsetc.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2019 01:00 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] mailserver on AWS

I'm not sure, maybe start smtp under different port.

On 3/1/2019 4:16 PM, Jeff Koch wrote:
I'd like to build a qmailtoaster mailserver on an AWS instance but as
you probably know AWS pretty much blocks outgoing traffic on port 25.
So I'm thinking that I can tunnel outgoing port 25 traffic to a server
on a less picky hosting service. Has anyone ever done something like
that or have any info on how to set up that kind of tunnel? or perhaps
accomplish the same thing another way/

Jeff

--
Eric Broch