Thanks Carl - I'll give it a try - Jeff

On 3/2/2019 2:23 PM, CarlC Internet Services Service Desk wrote:
Actually, what you do is set this up on the remote server... You create the SSH
tunnel where the remote server [with port 25 open to the world], connected via
SSH Tunnel to the remote server [and what port on the remote server you want
the tunnel to connect to]... Usually, I use key pairs so I can restart the
remote system without requiring a password.

I've used it before not only for SMTP but for MySQL/Oracle connections between
a DMZ server and in-house MySQL or Oracle server.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Broch [mailto:ebr...@whitehorsetc.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2019 02:16 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] mailserver on AWS

Carl,

how do you incorporate this in qmail?

On 3/2/2019 12:04 PM, CarlC Internet Services Service Desk wrote:
Jeff [and Eric],

Look at SSH port forwarding... I've done this before and it works great...  You
could do what Eric suggested, start on a different port, then on another server
at a more reasonable host provider, forward that port 25 to your AWS instance
via SSH.

https://www.ssh.com/ssh/tunneling/example

Carl