I have my own OpenVAS server to test my Qmail server for security. One of the
things I get as a “medium” warning is

“The remote host is running SMTP server that allows cleartext logins over
unencrypted connections.”

It’s saying we allow LOGIN and PLAIN for SMTP while supporting the “STARTTLS”
command.

I’ve been looking at the /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run file but don’t see how
to turn off the LOGIN and PLAIN for SMTP [or enforce STARTTLS instead].

Ideas on how to fix this?

Carl

p.s. if anyone needs a good scanning tool, I highly recommend OpenVAS. After
all, like Qmail, it’s freeware [or has a free version]