What version of qmail?

# rpm -qa | grep qmail

what's in your run file

# cat /var/qmail/supervise/submission/run

On 12/10/2019 12:24 PM, bhow...@teamft.com wrote:

I have checked out authentication with my submission port 587 and I must authenticate before sending. However, I have entries in the log from a “bad guy IP address” which say “sender accepted” and its giving me heartburn.

2019-12-10 02:43:04.376530500 CHKUSER accepted sender: from <someb...@somewhere.net::> remote <4vFoWf3:unknown:64.225.41.10> rcpt <> : sender accepted

2019-12-10 03:04:09.269688500 CHKUSER accepted sender: from <anotherb...@somewhere.net::> remote <3aJfz4D7:unknown:64.225.41.10> rcpt <> : sender accepted

(Note: the IP 64.255.41.10 is the real IP of the bad guy)

There are no corresponding lines which say, “client allowed to relay”

Note after the from address, there are two colons: <someb...@irtc.net::> . On all legitimate entries, there are no such double colons.

How did this guy get that entry into my submission logs without authenticating?  Is this something I need to worry about?

Any input would be really appreciated

Boatner Howell

Foundaton Technologies, LLC