This is taken care of by rule in tcp.smtp (which works for squirrelmail) :

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"

On 12/30/2019 3:03 PM, Angus McIntyre wrote:
I'm still trying to set up an Ansible role for creating a qmailtoaster install, and I've run into some issues with Roundcube and Squirrelmail (Rainloop works fine).

Following Eric's advice, I'm using local SMTP for submission, so the Roundcube '/etc/roundcubemail/config.inc.php' file contains:

  $config['smtp_server'] = '127.0.0.1';
  $config['smtp_port'] = 25;
  $config['smtp_user'] = '';
  $config['smtp_pass'] = '';

If I attempt to send, however, the message is rejected with:

  SMTP Error (554): Failed to add recipient "some...@somewhere.com"
  (Refused. Sending to remote addresses (relaying) is not allowed.).

My guess is that the fix needed here isn't in Roundcube's config, but somewhere in qmail's: I need to convince qmail that it should accept mail from Roundcube running locally.

A line from '/var/log/qmail/smtp/current' reads:

  CHKUSER accepted sender: from <u...@mydomain.com::> remote <mail.mydomain.com:unknown:127.0.0.1> rcpt <> : sender accepted

The '/var/qmail/control/locals' file contains:

  localhost
  s6.mydomain.com
  mail.mydomain.com

What have I forgotten to configure to make this work?

I have similar issues with SquirrelMail, but I think that if I can get Roundcube working then I ought to be able to figure out how to make Squirrelmail work the same way.

I also tried switching back to port 587, with 'tls://127.0.0.1' as the server, and sending username and password -- but that gets me a 'STARTTLS failed' error in the logs. According to https://starttls-everywhere.org/, TLS is working correctly on my box, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Angus