Hi Eric:

Maybe you remember a few months ago I had a problem with a QMT7 mailserver that was not checking SPF. We tried everything including comparing /var/qmail/bin file sizes against known working mailservers and were unable to find the problem.

So I setup a new instance at AWS and built a new QMT7 server and then compared everything. Finally I replaced the spamdyke.conf with the pristine copy from the new server and that did it. Apparently, the customer stuck the following line into the spamdyke.conf and that blocked SPF analysis:

access-file=/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp

I commented out the line and the mailserver is doing 'spf-rejects; as it should

Go figure!

I thought you'd want to know should the issue come up for anyone else.

Regards

Jeff Koch