Hi,

I tried installing latest QMT using Eric's qt_install_cos8.sh script.

I have a CentOS 8 VM that I had converted to Springdale Linux 8.

I ran into a few issues:

1) MariaDB password setup failed somehow. Maybe because I had MariaDB
already installed on this server? I could not access the mariadb
server after this failure, and needed to start the server without
grant tables and then disable "plugin authentication" (I also defined
the pw again just in case):

service mariadb stop
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
sudo mysql -u root
[mysql] use mysql;
[mysql] update user set plugin='' where User='root';
[mysql] UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD("my_password") WHERE user="root";
[mysql] flush privileges;
CTRL+D
mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown
service mariadb start

I then rerun the part:

credfile=~/sql.cnf
echo "Creating vpopmail database..."
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile reload
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile refresh
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile create vpopmail
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile reload
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile refresh
echo "Adding vpopmail users and privileges..."
mysql --defaults-extra-file=$credfile -e "CREATE USER
vpopmail@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'SsEeCcRrEeTt'"
mysql --defaults-extra-file=$credfile -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON
vpopmail.* TO vpopmail@localhost"
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile reload
mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=$credfile refresh
echo "Done with vpopmail database..."

BTW should the vpopmail mysql pw be changed to something else or is
the default pw used somewhere else?

2) Some issues at the end of the script with clamav:

Starting QMT...
./qt_install_cos8.sh: line 124: qmailctl: command not found
Starting clamd freshclam dovecot spamassassin httpd chronyd acpid atd
autofs smartd named, this may take a while...
Failed to enable unit: Unit file clamd@scan.service does not exist.
--2020-12-30 16:47:51--
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qmtoaster/scripts/master/toaststat.cos8
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)...
151.101.0.133, 151.101.64.133, 151.101.128.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com
(raw.githubusercontent.com)|151.101.0.133|:443... connected.
Length: 1436 (1.4K) [text/plain]
Saving to: '/usr/bin/toaststat'
/usr/bin/toaststat                                          100%
Status of toaster services
cat: /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf: No such file or directory
mariadb mariadb
systemd service:       clamd@scan.service:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:         clamav-freshclam:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:             spamassassin:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:                  dovecot:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:                  mariadb:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    httpd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                  chronyd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                     sshd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    crond:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                   vsftpd:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:                    acpid:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:                      atd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                   autofs:       [  FAILED  ]
systemd service:                   smartd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:               irqbalance:       [  OK  ]

Not sure what went wrong and if I should start debugging or try to do
a fresh install?

Best,
Peter