I keep getting the below as a response. Is there something I can do to fix this
without just rebooting the server? I’m just a little wary of doing that when
something doesn’t seem to be running right – I’d rather fix it than hope a
reboot will do it.

If I run a “qmailctl stop” then the errors go away and when I check it,
everything is up and running ... but if I try to start or restart I get the
following. I think it never actually stops is the problem?

* Restarting qmail-smtpd.

[root@mail ~]# supervise: fatal: unable to acquire send/supervise/lock:
temporary failure

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire log/supervise/lock: temporary failure

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire log/supervise/lock: temporary failure

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire log/supervise/lock: temporary failure

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire submission/supervise/lock: temporary failure

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire smtp/supervise/lock: temporary failure