Question #462821 on qpdfview changed:

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Adrianna,

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't reimplementing an alternative
tab widget is a good decision for the project since it lacks developer
time as it is and adding more code to maintain won't help with that.
Concerning your particular use case: If you really have a lot of tabs
within a single window, then dedicating large amounts of screen space to
the tab headers might be quite wasteful and will only get you so far
until even vertical tabs with horizontal text will be become useless. I
would rather suggest that you try to use the tabs menu in these
situations: It can be made scrollable (instead of becoming several menus
next to each other) and searchable (meaning search-as-you-type whenever
the menu is active) via the settings dialog and a program restart.

Best regards, Adam.

P.S.: If you really have many tabs and many windows, I suggest we extend
the D-Bus interface to allow enumeration of tabs and write a Python
script that gives a fullscreen searchable view of all open tabs in all
open instances for quick navigation. Of course this is also quite some
effort, even if it does not really increase the maintenance burden for
qpdfview itself that much...

--
You received this question notification because your team qpdfview is an
answer contact for qpdfview.