Carl,

> I see we have two options:
> 1.) extend the time line
> 2.) Cut the release as using ant as in the vote thread  (the key was to
> let Steve get the test refactor to main-line)
> I would like to get a show of hands on this point, and if I am correct
> in my assessment we should create the M1 branch with ant create the RC
> and give the team time to get up to speed with maven on mainline for M2
> and continue M2 development. Rajith can then create the branch and a
> signed RC later today that we can all test.

I just want to point out that if a concensus isn't reached and a vote
needs to be called, that will delay M1 for at least another 3 days as the
vote MUST be run for 72 hours.   In those 3 days, most of the maven
issues could be fixed.

> Please can you show your level of comfort including maven (release
> maven branch) or ant build for M1 (1 line answers so that we can
> easily see where the committers are at)

I'm -1 (non-binding) to releasing with Ant as that would mean other
projects would not be able to take dependencies on it.  (unless someone
spends some time getting the ant build to generate maven artifacts, which
would be a stupid waste of time)    Since I'm a commiter on at least two
such projects, I say spend the time getting maven working.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer