On Thursday 08 February 2007 05:07, Rupert Smith wrote:
> So what to do? Shall I just write a copy of the API from scratch and put it
> under javax.security.sasl in much the same way that geronimo have with the
> JMS API?

You can go this route, but only if you plan on getting the TCK for JSR28 and
making it pass.   The javax.* stuff needs to pass the TCK before it's
releasable.   Geronimo goes through a lot of work to validate everything in
geronimo specs before they are released.

> Or, do I need to write some sort of wrapper API and factory to
> choose between Sun SASL on 1.5 and homebrew SASL on 1.4?

That's probably the easiest/quickest way to go.   Alternatively, just check if
SASL is not available and just point the user at the URL to download it from.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer