On Thursday 08 November 2007, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> oh, sorry guys forgot to hit send on this yesterday.
>
> We don't seem to have a source artifact for .Net but for what we have
> here is my:
>
> +1
>
> It is not viewed in a good light if you have to go to the general list
> for IPMC votes. Given that we have four mentors(IIRC) then we
> shouldn't really need to go to the IPMC.

According to:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

All releases by podlings must be approved by the IPMC. The conventional
process is for the podling to flow the usual Apache process (including
TODO: link release vote) and then call for a IPMC VOTE on the general
incubator list.

The IPMC is the legally binding  PMC for all podling releases.   The
ENTIRE IPMC must have the opportunity to review and -1/+1 any release
votes and discover issues, etc...

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer