John Peacock wrote:

> I think we should bang out a real Makefile.PL/Build.PL (instead of just
> "check this out where you like").  I'd rather get what changes have
> happened in branches/0.3x since March 2006 into production in more
> places.  I also have hopes to get all of the dangling bits that I want
> to work on (specifically rationalizing ESMTP extensions like AUTH)
> before we try to go gold on 1.0.

Can I also suggest (and I fear I am short more than a few tuits myself
so it might only be a suggestion rather than actual help) that one thing
the Makefile.PL clears up is the location of the configuration files and
the plug-ins.  Or that the code is adjusted internally to do so.  There
doesn't seem to be a consistent approach in the mainline or the plug-ins
to finding these locations.  This makes packaging qpsmtpd difficult.

Regards

James Turnbull

--
James Turnbull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>