On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 13:06 -0700, James W. Abendschan wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Sydney Bogaert wrote:
>
> > You assume here that the process numbers are different for each message.
> > While it will work for forkserver and tcpserver, that is not the case
> > with prefork or Apache (also preforking).
>
> related: is there any work being done on standardizing qpsmtpd log messages
> & levels?

As far as standardization, I think this is a non-starter.  There seem to
be arbitrary ways to do logging via plugins and I'm pretty sure there
are at least 3 different formats being used.

As to levels, there are constants defined in Qpsmtpd::Constants (iirc),
which match the usual syslog levels.

If I am wrong about standardization, I would love to hear it ;-).

--
--gh