On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Matt Simerson wrote:

> https://github.com/smtpd/qpsmtpd/pull/29

 Make sure the HELO hostname has an A or AAAA record that matches the senders
 IP address, and make sure that the senders IP has a PTR that resolves to the
 HELO hostname.

 This might sound pedantic, but since time immemorial, having matching DNS is
 a minimum standard expected, and frequently required, of mail servers.

I think that "time immemorial" is hyperbole, "a minimum standard" is vague
(expected by whom?) and "frequently required" is inaccurate - I think this
is infrequently required by mail servers - it certainly isn't mandated by
any RFC, or enforced by qpsmtpd.org (or you wouldn't be reading this
message).