Justin Clift has recently posted a message about a patch for fixing an Xcode 8 compilation problem (see https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/qscintilla/2016-October/001160.html). The patch is from ilovezfs, a Homebrew developer, and can be found at https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/commit/969e263e5bf71e63df8ee908cb4a2014b9a55c9b.

Unfortunately, that patch doesn't work for me. I mean that it compiles fine with Xcode 8, but then the lexer is not always behaving as I would expect. I suspect that it is because the lexer declaration is now outside of the `QsciScintilla` class.

So, I have put it back in and used the PIMPL idiom to circumvent the original problem (see https://github.com/opencor/opencor/commit/70f3944e36b8b95b3ad92106aeae2f511b3f0e90). I have done some tests on Windows, Linux and macOS, and so far, everything is working as I would expect.

Cheers, Alan.
QScintilla mailing list